The Fifth Advancing & Redefining Communities (ARC) for Emergency Management Conference will be held December 10-11, 2014 at The California Endowment Conference Center in Los Angeles, CA.
This annual conference addresses today’s leading public health preparedness and emergency management challenges by presenting innovative, evidence-based approaches to overcome them. This year’s theme is Casting a Wider Net: Moving from Collaboration to Coalition. Come early for a workshop to promote the role of nurses in public health preparedness and response on December 9.
ARC is held in partnership with the Emergency Management Community Collaborative, the Veterans Emergency Management Evaluation Center, UCLA School of Nursing, UCLA Anderson School of Management, Georgetown School of Nursing and Health Studies, and UCSF School of Nursing. Through ARC, these organizations are committed to addressing today’s leading emergency management concerns.
ARC is a unique forum which brings together public and private sector emergency management professionals to network, share, and learn by:
- Sharing experiences and solutions
- Exploring and evaluating new concepts
- Fostering research that leads to best practices
- Discussing cross-cutting issues and shared challenges
- Exploring and discovering innovative collaborative tools
- Evaluating technology-driven and simple solutions
- Leaders from hospitals, emergency medical services, and others
- Agency decision-makers (e.g., ASPR, DHS, CDC, FDA, Cal OES) working on public health preparedness issues
- Leaders in emergency management organizations
- Homeland security professionals
- Local and state public health department leadership and staff
- Industry partners with resources, new technologies, and tools to share
- Prominent academics and researchers
- Other personnel working with public health agencies to build preparedness capacity and competency at the local, state, and federal level
Disasters are not managed alone. Your resilience starts with
Advancing and Redefining your Community.
© Copyright 2019, ARC. All Rights Reserved.